The raw food diet isn’t just about what you eat. For a lot of people, it’s an entire lifestyle.
When I first got into raw foods, I thought it was going to be the answer to all of my problems and all of humanity’s problems. I was young and naive!
Later, I realized that diet is just one aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
In fact, there’s at least 20 different, big factors of health, and each of them is just as important as the others.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Elements of the Raw Food Lifestyle
– The Diet: Eat at least 50% of your food raw, and work your way to 80-100%.
– The Fitness: The minimum amount of exercise we need on a daily basis to stay healthy. is about 30 minutes. More optimal would be 60 minutes.
– A Healthy Home: Since we spend most of our time in our home, it’s important to pay attention to making sure we live in a healthy environment. Get a high-quality air filter, as it’s been found that the air we breathe inside our homes is on average 10 to 20 times more polluted than the air we breathe outside in a downtown city!
– Healthy Water: We need to stay hydrated, and that’s probably one of the most overlooked factors in health. For a normal person, at least 2 liters of water is necessary each day to maintain health (in addition to the water contained in food.
– Health Knowledge: Do you know what you would do if you got sick? Would you run to the doctor or would you have some basic knowledge to know if it’s worth the trip? What do you do when you get a cold? If you’re not sure of the answer to these questions, start by reading some natural hygiene work, starting with the book The Raw Secrets.
– A Healthy Mind: I’ve known more than one health food enthusiast who was filled with guilt, fear, bitterness and resentment about their lives. No diet is going to cure your emotional ills. And no cult will do it either. The basis of building a healthy mind is to have some people you can talk to on a regular basis to say absolutely everything that you’re holding inside, without any secrets. The feedback you get from these friends and therapists will be invaluable. Call them coaches, call them professionals, call them friends… you need them!
These are some of the important factors of the raw food lifestyle. To find out more on the raw food diet and health, sign up for a free mini-course at www.rawvegan.com