Is it possible to clear acne using only natural methods? Adult acne can be a problem for a lot of people. I know it because I’ve suffered from it for a long time.
I started getting acne at the age of 15, and it took me until the age of 25 for my face acne to clear completely. Even though my face was clear, I was still getting terrible acne on my back at times.
Now my skin is as best as it’s ever been, my face is clear almost always, and only get a little bit of acne on my back. Compared to how it used to be, I would say I’ve cleared about 80% of the problem, if not more.
People react differently to certain foods, so there is no panacea that works for everybody. However, there are two basic routes that can help you:
– The raw food diet. A diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds can do wonders for acne. All you need to do is to try it for about 30 days, because it takes at least that long to see some results. You have to practice it 100% for that period of 30 days to really know if this is something that can help you (for more information on the topic, please consult my website http://www.rawvegan.com. You can sign up for a mini-course on the raw vegan diet there).
– In some cases, even a raw food diet is not enough to help clear acne. A lot has to do with how a person metabolizes sugars. If you find that your acne doesn’t get significantly better after 30 days on raw foods, or that it gets worse, I recommend trying out the following:
– Reduce the quantities of fruit in the diet and include more green smoothies (for more information on green smoothies, go to http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/greenforlife.html to sign up for a mini-course).
– The raw food diet isn’t necessarily the one-stop solution for everybody. But a lot of the changes you’ll have made in the 30 days are very positive and you should keep them up. These include:
– Eliminating ALL refined sugars
– Eliminating refined fats
– Eliminating dairy products
– Eliminating processed foods
– Eliminating fried foods.
In my experience, low-sugar foods and low fat foods do NOT worsen acne. In addition to a healthy breakfast that includes a green smoothie, you may also consume the following foods freely:
– Whole grains - Beans and plant protein - Occasional fish (if you’re not a vegetarian) - Vegetables - Most fruits
The following “healthy foods” to avoid include all concentrated sugars (honey, dried fruits, etc.), organic dairy, and organic processed foods. Some people are also sensitive to nuts and should avoid them.
In conclusion, the best thing is to try a raw food diet for 30 days. If you get benefits out of it, keep going. If you find your acne doesn’t get better, reduce the amount of fruits, introduce some whole grains and beans, green smoothies and more vegetables, and keep avoiding the other processed foods.
If you’d like to know a healthy step-by-step approach to the raw food diet, go to http://www.rawvegan.com