Many people’s aim for eating a healthier diet isn’t just to feel and perform better NOW, but also with a mind towards the distant future.
How far? Many people say that living to a hundred years isn’t that hard to manage, given you take care of yourself.
Check out this video clip today by John Robbins as he shares some of his basic principles to eating and living in a way that keeps you healthy for your whole life and you’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important to have not only a healthy body, but a healthy emotional body and mindset if you’d like to live longer than the norm.
- How everyday choices that you make greatly impact the rest of your life.
- How to easily integrate better choices into your mind so you automatically make better decisions without having to think them through every time.
- The differences between individual cultures that live into their 100’s, and why those differences are important yet not the determining factor in their total health.
- Why eating a plant-based diet ultimately offers the body more nutrition for fewer calories.
John brings up some great points, and I think it’s particularly good to recognize that each culture that tends to live well past world standards of life expectancy don’t all eat one specific way.
While they all eat a plant-based diet, they all have little differences in the types of foods, amounts of animal products, and cooking methods they use.
What are your thoughts on living into your 100’s? What have you learned in your years so far?