I’ve been involved in the raw food movement for over 15 years. Years ago, there was a thriving time of raw food events and festivals of all kinds.
Then over the last few years there has been a sort of “dead zone.”
Not many BIG live raw food events and festivals have taken place.
And for the few that did take place, I couldn’t really recommend them because they were all about consuming more supplements, cacao and superfoods, and not about eating REAL raw foods.
Now that’s all changed with an amazing festival that will probably be the biggest raw food event of all times, and this one is really promoting the RIGHT kind of raw food diet.
The Woodstock Fruit Festival 2012 will take place on August 20 – August 28 in beautiful upstate NY.
People from ALL over the world will be coming to this festival.
Including lots of long-timers and experts such as:
– Dr. Douglas Graham – an athlete and a raw vegan since 1978, an author
of 80/10/10 Diet book
– Dr. Robert Lockhart – raw vegan for about 30 years
– Anne Osborne – fruitarian for over 20 years, who brought up 2 children
on the fruitarian diet, an author of the book Fruitarianism – The Path to
– Dan McDonald – raw vegan for about 10 years, youtube channel –
– Harley Johnstone aka Durianrider – low fat raw vegan, endurance
– Don Bennett – low fat raw vegan for over 18 years, the director of the
Health 101 Institute
– Michael Arnstein aka The Fruitarian – low fat raw vegan, competitive
ultra distance runner
– Tony Wright – raw vegan and human consciousness researcher, the
co-author of Left in the Dark book presenting an outline of his theory
about human brain owing a part of its extraordinary development to the
biochemistry of a fruit diet.
– Dr. Samuel Mielcarski – low fat raw vegan for over 12 years, licensed
– Karen Ranzi – raw vegan since 1995, author of “Creating Healthy Children”
– Chris Kendall – low fat raw vegan athlete,.
– Ellen Livingston – low fat raw vegan since 2002 and a yoga teacher,
– Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram – low fat raw vegan for over 7 years and a
founder of non-profit food co-op called Rawfully Organic.
– Mike Vlasaty – low fat raw vegan athlete and power-lifter.
I think this is something you definitely do not want to miss. The energy of a festival like the Woodstock Fruit Festival is amazing. You’ll come back home reenergized, with new insights that could change your life.
Check out these videos to get an idea:
You can find out more about the festival by going to:
I would recommend signing up early. I heard from the organizers that spots are filling up fast.