In the past month, I’ve locked myself up in a hotel room in Chiang Mai, Thailand, to finish my new book.
I’m excited to give you an update about my writing process!!
This is my first “major” new book in over eight years. In this book, I tell the story of how I got extremely sick on the raw food diet (without leaving out any details you need to know), and expose some of the biggest raw food controversies.
By the way, the final title for this book is:
Raw Food Controversies
Avoiding Common Mistakes That Can Sabotage Your Health
A Personal Journey by Frederic Patenaude
If you’ve read my previous book “The Raw Secret,” subscribed to the Raw Vegan Mentor Club, watched my DVDs, listened to my Perfect Health Program or or simply have been following my blog for years, you might be wondering… what’s in this new book?
The story that I’m telling is a long and interesting one. It spans over 14 years of experiments, research and trial and error with the raw food diet.
It answers some crucial questions, such as:
– Why exactly did I get so sick eating the best raw food diet in the world? I reveal shocking details that I never discussed before.
– What did I do to get better?
– What happened when I went back to cooked foods, after many years of eating 100% raw?
– Why did experiment with animal products, and why did I decide since then to abandon them?
– How some people I met DIED from following the wrong kind of raw food advice
– How I ruined my teeth on the wrong kind of raw food diet, and how I was able to completely stop the decay
– Why my story was not a unique case, and how so many people I met experienced the exact same problems.
The big question that I try to answer during this book is:
What is the healthiest diet? What can we eat that works both in the short-term and the long-term for optimal health and longevity?
The book reads like a novel where you can follow my sometimes incredible stories of being a “raw food adventurer,” complete with likeable characters of the unique people I met along the way.
But this is not just a story. Throughout the book, you’ll find many sidebars with well-researched explanations covering many common questions that are important to answer. The last chapters of the book also provide more detailed explanations.
In the Raw Food Controversies, I discuss many important topic that are not addressed in my other books and that are also rarely honestly talked about in the raw food world. For example:
– Is the human being truly a “vegan” animal and are there nutrients we can only find in animal foods? What about vitamin B12?
– Where should we get vitamin D if we live in a Northern climate? Is sunshine the best source of vitamin D?
– Is it possible to be nutritionally deficient on a raw food diet?
– Is it necessary to eat 100% raw to be healthy, and what are the pros and cons of eating 80% raw versus 100% raw?
– What about children eating this way?
– What are the pros and cons of the superfoods commonly sold in the raw food world?
I think you’re going to be blown away by this new book. I also know that it might create a little controversy in the raw food world as some people will be uncomfortable with the information I have to present.
Let me be clear: This is NOT an “anti-raw” book!
However, it’s also not a blind, extremist, misleading and naive raw food manifesto.
My experience over the last 14 years proves that it’s possible to make little mistakes about diet that have MAJOR consequences for your health.
I believe the book will be a sigh of relief for many, who will finally realize there’s a way to take the best elements from the raw food lifestyle and make it work in the real world, while avoiding common mistakes that may sabotage your health.
I expect the book to be almost twice the size of my book “The Raw Secrets.”
I’m doing my best to finish it in time for Christmas… but I can’t promise. It’s a huge endevor to complete it for that deadline, and I also don’t want to release an unfinished product.
The book is 90% done but I still need to complete some important sections.
Expect some kind of announcement soon about it. I intend to do something very special for the launch that I’ve never done before.