What experts don’t talk about that can make a difference in your health.
(This article is inspired by post by author “Sara” from the Blog http://www.healthbolt.net/)
So far, I’ve been talking about things you already know: eat well and get more exercise.
I thought today I could cover some of the “hidden” aspects of health. And I’m not talking about fresh air and sunshine…
So here are 32 Seemingly Unimportant Things That Really Do Matter in Your Health:
1. Don’t complain and don’t hang around people who always do. Focus on solutions, not problems.
2. Send more time with people you love. E-mails and phone conversations don’t count!
3. Write in your journal. Gain some perspective on your life by writing every day. HINT: just a sentence is often enough.
4. Review your goals on a regular basis. Do this at least once a week!
5. Purge, eliminate and simplify. Get rid of anything that no longer serves you. Never keep something for too long if you no longer use it.
6. Buy or get fresh flowers for yourself. They enhance the spirit.
7. Feared Things First. Don’t put off the things you fear. Put them at the beginning of your to-do list.
8. Listen to the classical masters. Your brain won’t grow listening to classic rock all the time. Actually listen to Beethoven, Mozart and Bach.
9. Sing, and try to get good at it.
10. Stop checking your e-mails so much.
11. Pay your bills on time. Rip open these envelopes as soon as they arrive!
12. Cite your sources. If you borrow an idea from someone else, cite your source.
13. Don’t project your fears onto others. Deal with your own stuff and never get tempted of projecting your negativity onto others who don’t need it.
14. Read every day. And read some non-fiction stuff before going to bed!
15. Don’t buy the latest gadget. There’s always going to be a “second version” that’s going to be better anyway!
16. Don’t dwell upon the past. You also don’t need to keep that many pictures.
17. Don’t take love for granted. There’s no such thing as “unconditional love.” Everything is deserved so don’t take love for granted.
18. Don’t be afraid to say “no” without giving any explanation.
19. Learn a new language. It’s good for your brain too!
20. Regularly get out of your environment to discover new places. Don’t stay too long in one place. Ideas get stagnant.
21. Don’t judge by appearances. You never know who you’re talking to.
22. Beware of the “friendly thief”. Be cautious with people who are overly friendly or enthusiastic.
23. Get rid of all the clothes that don’t make you feel sexy.
24. Get fit enough so you could save your own life. You never know when you might need the skills.
25. Conquer your fear and routinely do things that you feel uncomfortable doing.
26. Actually write down every penny you spend. Don’t let cash run through your fingers without knowing where it goes.
27. If a goal no longer works for you, be okay at dumping the stupid goal rather than keep banging your head against the wall.
28. Don’t ask a bum on the street for financial advice. Follow the same logic for other important decisions.
29. Never thing there’s something wrong with you if know how to do something. You just need a new skill.
30. To get what you want, talk about what the other person wants FIRST.
31. Don’t be afraid of upsetting other people. Be who you are and let them deal with it.
32. In everything you do commit. “Do or Do Not Do.”