A couple weeks ago, I ran a survey about a new course that I’m releasing on “How to Write and Sell Your Own eBooks in 21-Days or Less”.
I promised I would send you a special report on that topic, and in fact, I did write the report and will be sending it to you shortly.
It’s over 20 pages long and filled with information on how you can easily write your own eBooks and make a living that way.
In fact, I just happen to be writing an eBook right now. I started on Saturday and I’m probably going to finish it by tomorrow. The eBook will officially be released on Monday.
It’s called “Living Naturally in an Unnatural World.”
So I just want to emphasize again that writing an eBook doesn’t have to take all your time. For that eBook, I’ve written about 15,000 words so far, and the total length for the eBook will be about 20,000 words.
In terms of pages, that’s about 40 to 50 pages of text. In finished format, with graphics, tables and formatting, it will probably be around 80 pages.
I will also record the audio version of the eBook and offer it as part of the package.
It’s taken me about 8 hours to write it, and I will probably spend another 4 or 5 hours on it. If I record the audio, it will take me an extra 2-3 hours.
The reason why I can write a book in such a short period of time is that I get really organized. I’ve been writing 1 and half hours every morning. And I also write some more in the evening.
I organized all of my ideas in advance, and I’m working from a clear outline.
I was able to design the outline because I got a lot of feedback on the topic. I ran a short survey asking people the simple question:
“What is your biggest challenge or frustration about staying healthy and trying to implement positive habits into your life?”
From the answers that I got, I was able to create the entire outline for the eBook, because I knew exactly what people wanted to know.
If you’re new to this, you might not be able to write an eBook that fast. But I think you can probably do it in a fairly short period of time. Remember, an eBook doesn’t have to be as big as a printed book. It’s the value of the information that counts.
My course will not just deal with the topic of writing “fast,” but actually with the entire process of writing, formatting, marketing and selling your eBooks online.
Here’s what I think eBooks are still a great way to go:
1) The eBook market is growing. Amazon is now offering eBooks. Pretty soon, you’ll be able to distribute your eBooks in many different channels, increasing your reach.
2) eBooks are Flexible. Once you’ve written an eBook, you can create an audio version of it, you can create a more high-end product, you can create a video training… the possibilities are limitless.
3) People still read. It’s been argued that eBooks are not as good as audio products because people don’t read as much. According to my research, the market of 40 to 65 year old, which is going to be your main market in the natural health movement, prefers reading to just listening to audio.
People learn in different ways. Some prefer audio, some prefer text. But with text, you can easily create an audio version. With audio, you have to transcribe it and the quality is not as good.
4) eBooks are the perfect launching platform for new authors. If an book doesn’t sell as an eBook, it’s not going to sell as a printed book either! But if it sells well as an eBook, you can eventually created a printed version and enjoy the benefits of being a real, published author.
5) eBooks are hassle free. Most people can download PDF documents without problem. You don’t have to ship anything because it’s downloadable, and you get to keep most of the profits. How could authors ask for more?
6) Anyone can write eBooks. The value of eBooks lies in the *information* they contain, not the actual writing style or your notoriety as an author. It’s also easier to write eBooks because they don’t have to be as long. No one wants to stare at the computer to read a 500 page book, that’s why the 40 to 80 page format is generally accepted as being a good format for eBook. As a bonus: it’s easier for you to write it, and you can do it in less time.
I’ll be giving you the special report very soon. I’m also preparing a series of videos to teach you the basics of writing and selling eBooks.
If you have any special request, please feel free to let me know by posting a comment on this article.