How to Make 2008 the Healthiest Year of Your Life
Filed under More Than Raw Foods by Frederic Patenaude
Would you like to make 2008 the healthiest and most successful year of your life so far? Want to wake up every day, full of energy, ready to meet the day? Want to be fitter than you’ve ever been? Want to achieve your ideal weight? Here are my tips for making it happen for you in 2008:
1) Develop a Sense of Urgency. Whenever a thought comes to your mind about something you think you want to do, or an idea you want to develop, don’t let it stay there. Write it down, and decide immediately to do something about it. I’ve started to develop this ability more and more and it’s made a huge difference in my life.
2) Cleanse One Day a Week. Mark your calendar now. Decide to go through a detox diet one full day each week, as a ritual. You may, for example, consume only green smoothies that day, or just fruit.
3) Be Clear About What You Want. Spend some time now to be very clear about what you want to accomplish in 2008. Write it down. Write 50 goals, narrow it down to the three to five most important. Decide what the next action is for all of them. Just do it.
4) Always Think “What’s the Next Action?” — Don’t just write things down. Decide what’s the next action, and act on them, now. Read the book “Getting Things Done”.
5) Read the Book “The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People”. If you’ve read it, read it again.
6) Practice the 5 Tibetan Rites every morning. These exercises are super-easy to learn. I do them every single morning, and it’s making a huge difference in my day. To read more about it, go to:
7) Spend More Time In Person With People You Love. The quality of our relationships really depends on the *amount* of time we spend in person with them. Just e-mail, phone or even “quality” time is not enough. Think “quantity” time.
8) Create a Plan for Getting Fit in 2008. You won’t succeed without a plan. Be absolutely clear about what your fitness routine is going to be. Start slowly, but build up. If necessary, hire a coach. Think about where you want to be in a year. Start now!
9) Pay Yourself First. Save at least 10% of what you earn this year.
10) Track All Your Expenses. Track every single expense religiously. Read “Your Money or Your Life”.
11) Work Actively to Build Your Circle of Influence. Surround yourself with positive and healthy people. It doesn’t happen automatically. Make it a priority. Distance yourself from negative influences.
12) Drink 2 liters of water every single day. Start today.
13) Feared Things First. Every day, ask yourself “What am I avoiding today?” “What do I fear most”? Start with that. Do what’s hard. Do it first. Read “Eat That Frog” by Brian Tracy.
14) In January, go for a cleanse. Go for a week eating only green smoothies. Register for one of our programs if you want support. Go to: http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/greenforlife.html
After the cleanse, keep up a diet of mostly raw foods.
15) Drink a green smoothie every single day.
16) Take a 30 minute walk every morning.
17) Journal. Keeping a personal journal helps you reflect on your life and gain perspective from it. If you’re unsure how to do this, simply spend 5 minutes every night to write down 3 challenges for the day, three things you’re grateful for, three successes and three things you would do differently.
18) Make a List of All the Books You’ve Always Wanted to Read. Narrow it down to three books. Go get them right now. Start reading one of them.
19) Spend Less Time on E-mail. Remove yourself from mailing lists that bring you nothing. Check e-mails only once or twice a day.
20) Go through everything you own. Eliminate anything that no longer serves you. Give it away to people who may need it. Simplify your life.
21) Give More. Find a way to contribute your resources, time, energy and talents to a noble cause.
22) Be Grateful for What You Have.
23) Be Flexible. If things don’t turn out the way you wanted, just readjust your approach.
24) Watch Less TV and Rent Less DVDs. Consider getting rid of your TV entirely.
25) Don’t Go Anywhere By Car if You Could Walk or Ride a Bicycle
26) Make a List of All the Things You Want to Do Every Year But Never Get to Do. Narrow it down to one or two items. Take immediate action steps, book something, block your calendar, or otherwise make it happen.
27) Inventory Everything That’s on Your Computer. Ebooks, files, audio, etc. Delete anything unnecessary, and decide to do something about the rest.
28) Don’t Keep Your Knowledge For Yourself. Help at least 5 people benefit from the information you have learned about health. Don’t be shy. They deserve it as much as you do.
Above all, take care of yourself. You deserve it! Forward this to friends.